Overview and Objective
A working knowledge of Excel is vital for most office based professionals today, and stronger Excel skills can open the door to promotion and leadership opportunities.
Excel is a powerful tool but cannot function alone. It takes a savvy computer user to take advantage of everything Excel has to offer to provide the best results for their company.
This course will provide the general spreadsheet Skills needed for navigating workbooks & worksheets, as well as working with dialogue boxes. It will teach you best practices for calculating in Excel, creating sales projection, Entering & Editing Data along with other Essential Worksheet Operations.
Furthermore, you will understand cell referencing, learn how to Link Sheets, learn to how to find the right function for any task and much more.
• Course Duration 2 Days
• Who should attend? All Employees that use Microsoft Excel on a daily basis.
• Pre requisites Our online Excel Proficiency Test
• Learning Process Blended learning methodology using group discussions, exercises and case studies.
• A Laptop with Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013 or 2016 installed is required for this course.
• Maximum class size is 20
Overview of Excel
• Required Laptop & Excel Settings
Entering & Editing Worksheet Data
• What data can we use (Options Dialogue Box)
Essential Worksheet Operations
• The fundamentals: controlling the worksheet view & working with rows & columns
Working with Formulas and Functions (Cont’d)
• Joining and Splitting Text in Excel
• VLOOKUP Mastery
| DAY 2
• Understanding the 4 ways to reference cells and ranges
Analysing Data Using Charts
• Introducing Charts
Formatting in excel
• Understanding custom number formatting
• Summarising Large Datasets
Intro to Data Analysis
What is Next
• How to Register for Online post training support from dbrownconsulting
Power Excel 2 (Real Case Studies) EO202.
2016 Open Dates :-
- Feb 10 – 12,
- Apr 27 – 29,
- Jul 13 – 15 (Accra),
- Jul 20 – 22 (Abuja),
- Aug 17 – 19,
- Nov 9 – 11
Overview & Objective
This course (Power Excel 2) is a “no agenda” Classroom based course. It is closer to consulting than training and it’s main aim is to directly improve the productivity of participants by solving major spreadsheet reporting and analysis problems they may have.
We have one simple rule for the course; “The 10 minute rule!”. We believe nothing should take you more than ten minutes to solve in Excel, including those hectic month-end reports that force you to work overnight at your offices.
We will teach you our time tested report automation methodology that just works and works all the time. We will show you the secrets of becoming very productive; you will quickly become the Excel Guru at your office.
You will leave this course with fresh templates that will replace your current time consuming methodologies
Course Duration 3 Days
Who should attend?
A Laptop with Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013 or 2016 installed is required for this course.
Maximum class size is 20.
DAY 1 to 3
This course (Power Excel 2) has no agenda, you are required to bring your work related problems to the training; we will then show you efficient time saving techniques to solve identified issues.
You will get a very detailed set of templates and exercises that we know will be useful to most participants,
we may use some of these exercises to further explain a technical excel issue you may have during the course. Our Trainers are consultants and this course mimics the Consulting Process.
The course is structured as follows:
- Each participant brings a copy of a finished report or analysis on Excel
(preferably one that takes you a long time to do).
- Each participant also brings the raw data or data sources used to create the above report.
- The Instructor will then show you how to get from raw data to your finished report in a fraction of the time
it takes you (we follow our 10 minute rule, nothing should take you more than 10 minutes in Excel
except where the information itself is flawed or unavailable).
Typical issues addressed in the course (Power Excel 2) includes:
- a recap (reminder) of basic features and functionality in Excel including a review of the new Ribbon interface in Excel 2010 and new features of Excel 2013 and 2016
- a detailed step by step guide on automating reports using two methodologies: Formula based automation and Pivot Table Automation
- how to harness the power of some advanced functions (INDEX, OFFSET, INDIRECT, MATCH, SUMPRODUCT, SUMIFS etc.) to save a lot of time at work;
- how to build a dashboard in Excel
- understanding why certain popular functions e.g. VLOOKUP and IF almost always have a more efficient alternative. You will learn why they are inefficient in carrying out certain tasks and what alternative functions do a better job;
- how to be comfortable in carrying out any reconciliation or data analysis task
- having a good working knowledge of advanced charting features (master the Series formula) and basic data visualisation techniques;
- understanding time value of money (TVM) calculations and how to build quick and effective TVM models ;
- and much more.
Intro to Financial Analysis FA101.
2016 Open Dates:-
- May 19 to 20 2016,
- Aug 4 to 5 2016
Financial decisions are critical in any business, knowing the right questions to ask and understanding the impact of decisions made is critical. This course aims at giving you the basic finance and accounting knowledge you will need to drive growth in your organisation.
Topics include selected aspects of finance that would be beneficial to a non finance specialists including; Interpretation of financial statements, DuPont Analysis, working Capital management, financial impact of strategic decisions, cash flow drivers and more.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to;
Who Should Attend?
Everyone in an organisation with limited financial analysis skills including; Lawyers, Senior Executives, Board members, HR Administrators, Stockbrokers
Maximum class size
Overview of Accounting & Financial Statements
Financial Reporting & Basic financial Analysis
Analysing Financial Performance & Profitability
Analysing the Financial Position & Sustainability
Analysing the Cash flow Statement
Ratios Analysis Practice Session (Case Studies):